Thursday, April 13, 2017

Totally Grown / Precious Remembrance Shop Guest Designer

Hey, friends!  I'm back today with my third layout as the Guest Designer for Precious Remembrance Shop.  A huge thank you to Dyane for inviting me!  The stamps I worked with are just amazing!



Here's my page.  I used the Totally Stamp Set and the Date Stamp Set.  I decided to sort of create my own patterned paper using one of the patterned stamps.  I used black archival ink on white cardstock in a vertical line down the page.  I coated the paper with white gesso first, and I really love how the texture of the paper shows through the stamping.  I chose a photo with some dark and bright colors, so I used those same colors of Shimmerz sprays on my background.  My pattern wound up being slightly busy, so I softened it up by adding some vellum over part of it.  I think this makes the photo stand out while still being able to see it.

I didn't use too many embellishments...just a few fussy cut circles from a Paige Evans Fancy Free paper, some Thickers, a flair button, a clear sticker from Amy Tan On a Whim, and a random glasses sticker from Hobby Lobby.


I really love how this turned out.  These brush strokes with triangles are such a great design.  I love the bright colors of ink on top of the stamping.  I used a few MAMBI Project Life cards as layers behind my photo as well as some tissue paper.


I used another stamp to create part of my title.  I stamped "totally" on some scrap cardstock and then fussy cut it out so I could move it around.  I love how you can see the texture of the cardstock through the stamping. I paired it with some bright pink Thickers.  I used a Fancy Free circle with some yellow thread behind it and tucked in a glasses sticker under the photo.  I stuck that down on vellum and cut it out so the lenses would look more realistic.


Here's the Date Stamp...I love that it includes the days of the week, all the months and all numbers.  Plus the font is awesome!  I added some blue stitching above the journaling.


Here's another shot of the watercolor and stamping.  I added a flair button from A Flair For Buttons.


I stitched back and forth through the vellum here to add some texture and pop of color.  I added another Fancy Free circle and thread to the right of the photo.


I've had those glasses stickers in my stash for so long...this was the perfect page to use them on!  I love how they look, and they give the title something to rest on.


The "Wicked Smart" clear sticker is from the Amy Tan On a Whim sticker sheet.  I love how the letters are open and give a fun pop of black.


This was so much fun to create...I hope you've enjoyed reading about it.  Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out.



Thank you so much for visiting me...have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment