Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Vacation Escape / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  I'm back today with a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the gorgeous 2017 April Hip Kits.  I love everything about them!  I'm super excited that I created a bright tropical layout.  There are so many fun items like pineapples, flowers and flamingos.  I decided to scrap this photo of me in Aruba sipping on a fruity beverage :)

I started with one of Kim Watson's cut files and enlarged it.  I used some of the Vicki Boutin Art Crayons from the Color Kit and some Shimmerz sprays to color it. I backed it with the gold glitter polka dotted specialty paper in the Paper Kit (from Crate Paper).  I did add white gesso to my white cardstock background so I could smudge the Art Crayons around with my fingers.  I love how it turned out!  I embellished with some of the Project Life cards, some of the Vicki Boutin stickers, some of the Crate Paper die cuts, some Pink Paislee Paige Evans Oh My Heart chipboard, some Crate Paper gold alphas, a few My Mind's Eye puffy stickers and and exclusive flair button.  All gorgeous pieces!  These are all available in the various kits HERE on the website.


Okay, I'm in love with these colors!  There is a lot of mixing and matching going on in this layout.  I colored the cardstock sticker flower using the Art Crayons and a dab of water.  I just smudged the color around with my fingers.  I fussy cut that cute pineapple from a PL card and layered the flair button over it with some tangled thread.  I colored "escape" using the crayons and created a pink to orange gradient.  I love how it looks paired with the gold "vacation" alphas.  Lastly, I added a Paige Evans Oh My Heart chipboard flower and a few MME puffy stickers.


I absolutely LOVE how you can see the texture of the cardstock through the art crayons.  You can see here that I machine stitched around the body of the pineapple with gold thread.  I fussy cut that bright flower cluster from a PL card and layered it under my photo.  Aren't the colors just beautiful?!  I also layered in some yellow tangled thread as well as a Vicki Boutin sticker and a matching gold heart sticker.


I added more Paige Evans and MME flowers at the top here.  I love the combination of paper stickers and chipboard stickers.  Everything creates such awesome dimension!  I couldn't resist using that shiny gold flamingo from Crate Paper.  I also used a few of the 3x4 PL cards as layers behind my photo.


I didn't glue down the top part of the pineapple just because of this...the dimension!  I love how the leaves curl up and look more realistic.  I also added some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine...it's always gorgeous.


I added another Vicki Boutin sticker as well as a piece from the exclusive cut apart sheet.  Then I added my journaling under that.


I just love how this turned out!  These kits make it so easy to create something awesome :)  I do have a process video if you'd like to check out...


Thanks a bunch for stopping in, and have a wonderful day!


1 comment: