Sunday, August 27, 2017

Love This / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Sunday, friends!  Missy here, and I have a fun and festive Summer layout to share today for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I mixed and matched papers and embellishments from the Hello Sunshine, Wild at Heart, Make a Wish and You Rock collections to create a fun rainbow of colored banners.  I used a triangle punch to create a bunch of triangles and then glued them all to some cord.  I used a fun pool photo that had lots of blue in it to coordinate with all the bright colors.  I used some white cardstock for my background and gave it some color and texture using some Shimmerz Paints and some modeling paste through a circle stencil.  I folded the tops of each triangle over the cord a little bit to create some dimension and then layered them on the page.


I am just obsessed with how awesome these banners turned out!  I love how they look overlapped like this.  I went through all the stickers and chipboard pieces from all the collections and chose a few that matched each color.  I stuck them to the banners for some extra detail.  The tone-on-tone look is so pretty.  And the modeling paste showing through turned out really nice :)



To the left of the photo, I tucked in a beautiful ombre pink and white vellum heart from Make a Wish as well as some tangled thread.  This cluster of embellishments is from Hello Sunshine.  I went simple with the title and used some of the patterned alpha stickers from Make a Wish.


I added the modeling paste to the background for some added interest and texture.  Since it’s white, it sort of blends in and just creates a subtle statement.  I also added a bit of yellow thread here.


I added color coordinated stickers and chipboard on each banner.  This piece here is from Wild at Heart, and the sticker is from Make a Wish.  It’s just amazing at how pieces from each collection match so well together.


Here you can see the dimension from the banners.  They turned out really great!  I tucked my photo under the top banner and added some embellishments on and around it.  I used a fun sun die cut from Hello Sunshine as well as an Accessory Sticker and a Puffy Sticker.


I hope this inspires you in some way!  It was a lot of fun to put together, and you can't go wrong with a rainbow color scheme.  I do have a process video, so check it out if you'd like...


Thank you so much for watching!  I hope you have a great week :)

2 comments: