Friday, August 11, 2017

Moments I Love / Paige Evans Design Team

Hey, friends! Happy Friday!  I’m super excited to share my first layout using the beautiful Turn the Page collection for the Paige Evans Design Team! I decided to use a fun cut file to create some fun angles. I found this cut file in the Just Nick store and I stretched and turned it to fit half of my page. I created a diagonal design on white cardstock and then used several papers from Turn the Page to back the open spots. I chose papers with a solid color effect as well as some with patterns. I chose two color photos of my daughter that matched the collection perfectly and embellished around them. I used both clear and white gesso on the background before adding some watercolors and gelatos in matching colors. And I used a variety of the new goodies all around the photos!


Before adding any embellishments, I machine stitched around each background square using white thread. Once I had my photos where I wanted them, I fussy cut a few butterflies from Paper 04 and combined them with some Chipboard Stickers and clear stickers from the Sticker Book. The colors are just so pretty, and I love the different textures of mixing and matching paper with chipboard.  I love the texture from the cut file, too.


Above the photo, I used a fussy cut speech bubble from Paper 21. There are some really beautiful phrases on them and this one worked perfectly. I added more stickers here from the Sticker Book, a few Puffy Stickers, and another Chipboard Sticker.


Under the photos I placed a beautiful floral die cut from the Ephemera Die Cuts as well as some tangled thread. Aren’t those tiny Puffy Sticker flowers so cute?


For my title, I combined a die cut from the Ephemera Die Cuts and some of the floral alpha stickers from the Sticker Book. I traced around the letters with a metallic gold pen to make them stand out a little more. I added another sticker and a cute butterfly before writing a few lines of journaling.


I added a bit of foam under the photos to raise them up.  This creates some depth once you add embellishments under it.  Seriously every little piece in this collection is so pretty!


Here's one more close-up of the backed cut file and stitching just because it turned out so gorgeous!


I hope this inspires you to get your hands on this new collection!  It's beautiful, for real! Check out my process video if you'd like to see how I made this layout :)



Thanks so much for visiting me!  Have a wonderful weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Your attention to detail is simply amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Missy! I love the cut file and how you used it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your videos, they are so inspirational. Your layouts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete