Monday, September 4, 2017

Family Circus / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I also wanted to share that I'm returning for another term on the Creative Team!  Yay!  Here's the new group of designers...I'm so excited about this!  I'm in awe of this group...seriously!



Here's my layout I created for last Monday.  As you know, the 2017 August Hip Kits are full of the Maggie Holmes Carousel collection.  I have ZERO carousel photos.  So I made the theme work for me and created a "Family Circus" layout.  Our family photos are always like a circus...haha!  I used Kim Watson's gorgeous carousel cut file and enlarged it.  I used a few pieces of patterned papers to back the open spots.  I used some of the Shimmerz Paints from the Color Kit to jazz up a white cardstock background and placed the cut file over it.  I was able to use several of the large die cuts to embellish.



I didn't think I was going to be able to use any of these carousel embellishments.  Then I came up with this fun idea, and it worked!  I added a bit of pink Shimmerz around the edges of the cut file so it wouldn't be so stark white, and I machine stitched in places with metallic gold thread.  I combined a chipboard zebra and a cardstock sticker unicorn here.


I mixed and matched my title using some Crate Paper Puffy Stickers and Clear Stickers with some Hip Kit exclusive Puffy Alphas and some metallic gold Thickers.  This was the only spot left after putting everything down, so my title had to go right here.


I also tucked in some more of the Carousel die cuts here, like the circus tent and the tickets booth.  I also used a few die cuts with gold glitter on them.  I cut some of the hearts from the Simple Stories Washi Tape and placed those around the page.


I love the detail from the stitching.  Even though it's white on white, it still adds a little something extra.


Gold glitter!  It also adds a little something extra :)


I really hope this gives you some ideas on how to use the Carousel pieces!  Think outside the box and make it work for you :)  I have video here...yay!



Thank you so much for stopping in, and have wonderful Labor Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment