Friday, September 1, 2017

You Are The Best / Paige Evans DT

Hello again, friends! Happy FRIDAY...yeah!  I have a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team to share today.  I had a blast creating this page using the Turn the Page 2x2 Paper Pads. They are the cutest things and they are perfect for getting lots of color and patterns on your layout. I decided to create a big title using lots of different pages from the little pattern pad. I hand drew the letters and then fussy cut them out. I like that they look imperfect - that’s the beauty of hand cutting them! I went with Paper 07 as my background - I love how the colors popped against the neutral gray color. I covered a lot of the center area with white gesso and then used several colors of Shimmerz to add the watercolor areas. I arranged the letters and situated my photos towards the bottom so they overlapped together.


These small 2x2 Paper Pads are perfect for something like this. The designs are smaller as well which gives you a different look than the bigger papers. Here you can see how the gesso created some texture on the background. I added even more texture with some machine stitching through all the words. I embellished around the page with lots of Turn the Page Puffy Stickers.


On either side of the photos, I tucked in a large flower die cut from the Turn the Page Ephemera Die Cuts. I added in a few more Puffy Stickers and some tangled thread. Down at the bottom I decided to overlap the letters on top of the photo. I added some foam adhesive behind the photos and the letters to raise them up off the page a little bit. This helps emphasize the word BEST and makes it stand out.  I added a cut floral Puffy Sticker here as well as a pretty bird from the Ephemera Die Cuts.


I really love all of these fun patterns and colors!  Everything just seems to match and go so well together.  I love the look of some simple stitching.  Such great texture!


I added some foam under these letters so they'd be the same height as the photos.  I love the shadows this creates!  I added a fun floral Puffy Sticker on top of the B to break up some of that red.


I felt like the upper right area needed a little something, so I created a small cluster using a heart die cut from the Ephemera Die Cuts and two Puffy Stickers. The birds in this collection are so adorable!


Here's one last close-up.  I think this bird is the cutest.  It looks like it's about to kiss my cheek...haha!  I love situating faces so it looks like they're looking at something.


I hope this inspires you to give the Turn the Page 2x2 Paper Pads a try! They are really fun and versatile and made putting this layout together very easy! I hope you’ll check out my process video and see how I created it.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment