Friday, December 22, 2017

Bundle Up Baby Bear / SpiegelMom Scraps Guest Designer

Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm back today with another layout I created for SpiegelMom Scraps as the December Guest Designer.  I tried something different for this layout and used sequins behind a cut file.  The theme this month is Winter, so I pulled out some photos of Paige in her bear jacket.  I knew that Paige Evans has a Geometric Bear cut file in the Silhouette Store, so I had to use it!  I cut it on white cardstock and used sequins from four packs:  Aquarius, On Pointe, Water Lilies & Peachy Keeny.

I pulled some Shimmerz Paints from my stash in colors that coordinated with the sequins.  I created a lot of splatters on the background, and I also used those same colors to back the rest of the bear.  I just used a scrap piece of cardstock and made some color swatches with the Shimmerz.  Then I cut them out and glued them behind the bear.  This makes more sense if you watch how I did it in my video down below :)


I really love how the sequins look here...so pretty and shimmery!  To do this, I traced the shapes onto a scrap piece of cardstock.  I glued the sequins to that and then placed the bear over it.  You can see the dimension here because I added adhesive foam to make it stand up a bit.


You can see here how the cut file is raised up a bit...I love the shadowing that creates!  I added a bit of aqua and grey thread in a few places to add to the messy feel of the background.


I love how the splatters turned out...it reminds me of snowy confetti (if that's even a thing...haha).  I added some tissue paper and adhesive foam behind my photos as well as a few fussy cut stars.  Those were from a Pinkfresh Studio paper.  I fussy cut this little polar bear from a Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa die cut, and my title is from a sheet of very old and cheap white alpha stickers.  I curved it along the bear's back.


On this side I added some pink thread.  That "warm & cozy" sticker is from last year's November Hip Kit Club kit.


I wanted to give the bear something to "walk on," so I machine stitched some ground for him.  I used metallic gold thread and I just did a straight stitch back and forth.  I wrote my journaling under it and then added the date.


Here's another look at all those splatters...so pretty!  I used the nozzles of the sprays and a brush.


One last close-up...look at those shiny sequins!  So pretty!


I hope you enjoyed this....it was a little different for me, but I really love how it turned out.  I'll be back next week with one more Winter project for SpiegelMom Scraps!

Here's my video:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment