Sunday, December 24, 2017

Happy December / Hip Kit Club

Merry Christmas, everyone!  I wanted to jump online here during this busy time and share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  It's my first page using the 2017 December Hip Kits, and I love how it came together!  We're still showing how you can create holiday related pages using non-holiday products.  These kits contain several exclusive watercolor designed papers by Irit Landgraf, lots of Vicki Boutin goodies and of course some lovely Shimmerz Paints.

I started with some white cardstock as my base and one of Irit's watercolor papers from the Main Kit.  I went through all the FREE December cut files over on the Hip Kit website and found one with these little stars.  I copied and pasted a bunch of them and cut them out on Irit's paper.  I created a tone-on-tone look with watercolors behind the stars and sort of created the shape of a tree.  I used the Shimmerz from this Color Kit this month as well as a few from my stash.


I also layered in some Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Stars that matched perfectly as well as a few Vicki Boutin enamel dots.


I decided to make this a very colorful layout because I don't think Christmas time has to be limited to just red and green.  I fussy cut "December" from an exclusive Project Life card and used it as my title.  I paired that with "happy" which is a puffy Thicker and a cute Vicki Boutin phrase sticker.


These photos were taken on Christmas Day...she's wearing her Santa shirt :)  There were so many colors in the blanket behind her and the chair was dark maroon.  I made them black & white to take out all of that.  Here I added another phrase sticker and a rainbow row of puffy stars.  I used a Crate Paper die cut frame as a layer here...the colors were perfect!



Here's a closer look at the title area.  I machine stitched through it with gold thread since I splattered some gold on the background.  And you can't have too much gold :)


I hope you are inspired by this in some way...it was a lot of fun to make.  And it's a fun challenge to create something holiday related with items that aren't designed for it.  I have a video here if you'd like to check it out:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment