Sunday, December 3, 2017

Happy Holidays / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday, friends!  Today I'm sharing another layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2017 November Hip Kits.  There are so many 3x4 cards this month.  There are a stack in the Project Life Kit and the December Documented Kit.  I was inspired by all the bright colors in them, so I sorted through all of them and chose some to create a fun grid design.  I loved all the colors in the "Happy Holidays" card, so I used that one as my title piece.  I used the Color Kit on the background.  I used the Ranger Embossing Powder to create the white snowflakes and the Distress Oxides to create the blues and greens over them.

I added lots of little embellishments from the various kits...you really can mix and match all over the place this month!


In one of my previous layouts this month I cut some snowflakes on my Cameo.  I saved the scraps and used them as stencils here.  I embossed the snowflakes and then used an ink blending tool to smudge some of the Distress Oxides over them.  The embossing resists the color so the white stands out.  I did pull some pink and gold sprays from older Color Kits to add in as well.  Here you can see all the layers behind my photo.  I used 3x4 cards, labels and stickers as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam for even more dimension.  I added in gold foiled stars, washi tape stickers and sequins as well.


I love adding blues and pinks on my Christmas pages!  It just brightens everything up.  Here I added some light green stitching to the card cluster as well as puffy star stickers, sequins, wood veneer buttons and some die cuts.


This particular 3x4 card had December 24th on it, but my photos are on the 25th.  So to hide that, I added some white gesso and lots of embellishments over it.  I mainly wanted to use it for the light blue color.  Look at that wood veneer tree!  So gorgeous.  And I love this little leatherette string of lights from Pinkfresh Studio!


On this cluster I did more of the same.  I stitched on it and added all the goodies including a gold glitter frame and tangled thread.


I decided to jazz up these Hip Kit exclusive puffy alphas by wrapping colored thread around each letter.  I love the pop of color it gives!  I love these alphas because they blend in without being overpowering to the rest of the photo, but you can still see it and read it.


I hope this inspires you and gives you some new ideas to try.  I loved making it!  Be sure to check out my process video here to see how I made it.


Thanks so much for visiting me today...have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment