Saturday, February 3, 2018

I Heart You / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, friends!  Today I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club. I was up on the blog on Wednesday as part of a Product Focus using the 2018 January Hip Kits.  I had a blast creating this page using lots of the Crate Paper Main Squeeze Ephemera.  It’s all so cute and perfect for any project about love.  I started with a white cardstock background and added some of the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide from the November Color Kit.  I wanted blue on the background since the embellishments were mostly pink, black and gold.  I printed three small photos and used lots of the die cuts in between, under and around them.  I used many of the hearts and three of the tags.  I layered in a black & white striped Project Life Card and one big Vicki Boutin Watercolor Sticker from the Main Kit.


This smaller tag was perfect for adding to my line of photos.  I added some cord at the top to finish it off as well as a fussy cut heart and some of the Studio Calico sequins.  I also added one of the American Crafts Memory Planner Stickers.


I fussy cut the XOXO from one of the Main Squeeze tags and used it as a secondary title.  I did a little mixing and matching here with a Vicki Boutin Watercolor Sticker that I left black & white and a Pinkfresh Studio label sticker.  That's my favorite part about a scrapbooking kit....all the different pieces from different collections!


Here you can see more of the detail from the tags.  I tucked this one underneath the photos upside down and added some cord to it.  I really love how you can just see the blue background paint peeking through here along with the blue thread.


I love the “i heart you” piece.  It serves as the title, and I layered in another Vicki Boutin Watercolor Sticker which I colored with the Distress Oxide.  The arrow sticker is from the Pinkfresh Studio Stickers.


Here are more of the Main Squeeze die cuts.  I layered this pink heart right on top of the photos and machine stitched through it with gold thread.  I used one of the Crate Paper Good Vibes Stamps from last month’s Project Life Kit as well as a Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Heart.


Here's one more close-up of the top area.  Check out all the glorious gold glitter on those hearts!  Can't get enough gold glitter :)


I hope this inspires you in some way…it was a lot of fun to make!  I didn’t use any patterned paper…just embellishments.  Check out my process video here if you’d like to see more details.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment