Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Laughter / Paige Evans DT

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring the NEW Pick-Me-Up collection.  It's so full of rich colors and fun patterns...I just can't get enough of it!  You know I'm obsessed with Paige's cut files, so I decided to use the Flower Large design for this layout.  I took a different approach and wanted to only use the inside pieces from the flower.  So I cut it first on white cardstock.  I peeled each piece one at a time from the cutting mat and traced it onto a patterned paper.  I cut it out and basically paper pieced it back together on my background.  I was left with the inside shapes but not the outline that I cut out...if that makes any sense :)  It took some time, and I used many patterned papers, but I just love how it all turned out.


Before I glued down all the flower shapes, I coated the white cardstock background with clear gesso.  Before it dried, I used some pink Shimmerz over that and scraped it down with a palette knife.  I wanted it to sort of blend with the gesso.  I wanted it to show through some of the flower shapes as well as in the middle of the page.  I also added some gold ink splatters.  I decided to run the flower off the page on both sides.  Once it was all organized and glued down, I very carefully machine stitched through each line with gold thread.


I used one sweet photo of Paige, and I situated it kind of crooked off center to the right.  I layered some patterned paper behind it as well as some adhesive foam and tissue paper.  I continued with the bold color scheme and added in some flowers from the Ephemera Die Cut pack.  I added some dark blue thread as well.


This collection has a great sticker sheet, so I pulled this "You Amaze Me" piece and used it here.  The "laughter" piece is from the Ephemera Die Cuts.  And she was laughing, so I had to use it :)


Awwww...so cute!  I love layering small bits on top of the photo if there's room.


I was so excited to see that Paige included Rub-Ons in this collection!  I used some of the floral shapes here as well as some of the Washi Tape and Puffy Stickers.


One of my favorite things about using a large cut file design like this is that it pretty much dictates the rest of your page.  Once the background was done, I had limited space to put my photo.  So from there the rest of the page came together a little quicker.


Here's one more close-up of all the pretty goodness :)


I hope this inspires you in some way!  Paige's cut files & her collections are a perfect match.  Be sure to check out my process video to see how I created this page :)



Thanks so much for stopping in, and have a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment