Thursday, February 8, 2018

Pool Party Time / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for the Hip Kit Club.  I was part of this week's Mixed Media Monday using the 2018 January Hip Kits.  I began this layout with the January Color Kit.  I used the Echo Park floral stamp with the Picked Raspberry & Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks to create a big artsy-style background design.  I stamped onto some white scrap paper first, then I spritzed the stamp with water.  I also stamped the ink pad onto plastic packaging, added water and smooshed it down.  I even splattered some pink Shimmerz sprays from previous Color Kits.  I also used the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink from the November Color Kit.  Once I was finished, I used various sized circle punches to create circles from it.  This is a great way to get a mixed media look while keeping things neat and tidy.  I also used the Distress Oxides on my background cardstock along with some clear gesso.


Here you can see the stamp’s detail on the circles.  There are no rules on how to use a stamp, so if you want to get artsy with it, then go for it!  I did a lot of machine stitching with gold thread and layered in some of the exclusive floral die cuts from the Main Kit.  I fussy cut “Party Time” from a Project Life Card.


Here are more layers and more of the gorgeous Distress Oxide colors.  I used some of the Dear Lizzy gold alphas from the Embellishment Kit for the other part of my title here.  I did punch a few smaller circles from one of the Crate Paper Good Vibes papers.


I cut a piece from the Crate Paper Good Vibes cut apart sheet and used it as a layer behind my photos.  I love how all these colors turned out!  Have you ever tried machine stitching on a layout?  The texture it creates is the coolest!


Kim Watson did a fabulous job designing these beautiful floral die cuts.  These matched perfectly, so I tucked them underneath this large circle before stitching.


This epoxy sticker and label sticker are both from Pinkfresh Studio.  I really love how the mixed media circles look up next to the patterned paper circles.  It's fun to mix and match.


Here's one last photo of the background and circles.  You can see the texture from the gesso.  Using the gesso just ensures that you are able to use more liquid and have it blend and smudge a lot easier.  Otherwise the liquid and ink would soak right into the paper.


I hope this inspires you and gives you some ideas on how to use the Color Kit.  You can see more details and watch how I did this in my process video here.



Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment